The holidays make crazy women out of all of us. We run around from our jobs to the mall, stay up late wrapping gifts after the kids have gone to bed, haul trees in cars not meant to hold them – and to do it, we gulp down enough caffeine to power a small city.
Put down that coffee cup.
Pick up your water bottle.
Now picture everyone at your next holiday party wondering how you could possibly look so dewy, vibrant, and refreshed. Keeping your skin looking fresh and moisturized for winter is a process that starts from the inside out. Here are some tips for how to look – and feel – beautiful this season.
1. Drink plenty of water and avoid lots of alcoholic drinks – and yes, avoid caffeine. You want your skin cells to have the fluid they need to stay plump and full, and drinking plenty of water is the best way to support your entire body.
2. Use super foods to stop dry skin before it starts:
- Almonds, filled with Vitamin E, act as a natural sun blockers and antioxidant.
- Carrots clear up breakouts because of their high Vitamin A content.
- Dark chocolate’s flavonols reduce roughness.
- And flaxseeds and salmon, packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, help with decreasing fine lines and spots.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C which is essential for collagen production.
3. Choose the right moisturizer for the season: winter calls for a richer lotion than the warm humid days of summer. Applying your moisturizer while you are still damp from the shower will help to lock in moisture, and remember to pay attention to areas around your lips and eyes that are especially prone to dryness.
Are you ready to be the envy of your New Year’s Eve party?