The Do’s and Don’ts of Botox
So, you’ve decided to go ahead and try Botox for the first time? You’re unsure and looking for help from experienced Botox users? You’re unhappy with your wrinkles but have no idea what to do about it?
Regardless of your current stance on Botox, it’s always helpful to see what advice tried and true Botox users have to give. Allow the experienced to help you make your final decision!
- DO choose your Botox doctor carefully! Many people administer Botox as a side business. As a rule you probably never want someone sticking needles into your body who hasn’t had adequate training, so do your research and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- DON’T get tricked into spending too much money. Botox should be sold by the unit. Prices can range from $10 per unit to $30 per unit. Be leery of prices that seem way too high or low to be reasonable.
- DO be patient. Botox results take time to kick in, and when they do you’ll be thrilled with how your face’s natural relaxation can eliminate wrinkles so effectively.
- DO err on the side of caution. It’s better to use too little Botox than too much! You can always return for another treatment if your first wasn’t enough. Un-doing Botox isn’t quite so simple! Results take at least 3 months to fade.
- DON’T forget about the side effects. No pharmacy-grade medicine is 100% safe for everyone, but it’s hard to predict side effects for each individual. Typically risks are extremely minor and you won’t even notice them, but in some cases longer lasting effects take place. Do research, talk to your doctor, and be prepared for any possibilities so that they don’t scare you.
There’s always more to learn, but this quick guide can get you started in the right direction.