Some people swear by Botox, other people swear they’ll never get Botox, and still others have no idea what exactly Botox really is. Here’s your crash course on everything Botox so that you can decide if it’s the right choice in your quest for gorgeous, younger-looking skin.
- Botox treatments relax the muscles that cause unwanted wrinkles, so you no longer can make the extreme facial expressions that causes the skin to wrinkle and the skin that’s already been wrinkled relaxes and looks smoother.
- Botox can be a preventative or defensive measure. Some people start Botox before the wrinkles begin so that they never arrive, and others begin Botox once they consider their wrinkles too undesirable.
- The procedure doesn’t hurt much; each injection is more like being pinched by a pair of tweezers for a second. The area injected may feel a bit sensitive afterward and will possibly look red and irritated, but all of that will fade quickly.
- Results of Botox take a few days to kick in, so don’t feel discouraged if you don’t see a smoother face 10 minutes after your procedure.
- The biggest strike again Botox is the stereotype of “the face that doesn’t move” (ahem… Joan Rivers). But that’s the exception to the rule. Use a bit less Botox than you think you’ll need to be sure you don’t overdo it. You’ll still have full use of your face, just without the pesky habits that cause wrinkles to form.
- Botox lasts about 3 months, so this is a good choice if you are looking for a medium-term solution. You can return every 3 months like clock-work, get one procedure and be done with it, or come in once a year for a “refresher”. It’s totally up to you!
Overall, Botox is a wonderful solution for men and women looking to safely and effectively soften wrinkles and fine lines and simply look more youthful than they did when they were, well, youthful!