Everything You Need to Know About Post-Treatment Care for the Vampire Facial
If you’re a skincare enthusiast, there’s a pretty big chance you’ve already heard about Platelet Rich Plasma treatment, a procedure that’s taken the world by storm. PRP treatments, more commonly known as the Vampire Facial, consist of using your own plasma to promote collagen growth, elasticity, and youthfulness in your facial skin (read more about the procedure here). If you’re considering getting a Vampire Facial, we can’t blame you – they’re said to do wonders for your skin, preventing aging and promoting health from the inside out. One thing that not enough sources talk about, however, is what to do after your PRP treatment. What’s the need-to-know information about post-treatment care for the vampire facial? We’ve got you covered.
Post-Treatment: What to Do
This first piece of advice isn’t post-treatment, but it’ll be a great help to promote your skin’s healing and the treatment’s effectiveness: wash your face gently the night before receiving the treatment. Don’t scrub your skin and be sure to use a gentle, hypoallergenic cleanser. Once the treatment is done, take care to do the following:
- Keep cool.
- Expect your skin to feel a bit tight and dry. Do not pick at it.
- Take it easy: try to avoid strenuous activity or harsh environments, as this could irritate the skin further.
- Use an SPF 30 sunblock on your face every morning.
- Drink plenty of water and let yourself relax.
…And What Not to Do
Healing after a Vampire Facial can be more about what not to do. By abstaining from the following activities and practices, you’ll set your skin up for long-term success.
- Scrubbing your face or using any products on it for 48 hours after treatment.
- Applying direct heat (i.e., blowdrying your hair, sweating from strenuous exercise, going into a sauna or steam room, taking a very hot shower) for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Getting your face wet or sweating at all for five hours after the treatment.
- Applying makeup for 24 hours post-treatment
How to Make the Effects of Your Vampire Facial Last
The key to effective post-treatment care for the Vampire Facial is making its results last as long as possible – and that means taking the best care of your skin that you can. Some best practices to help maintain your facial’s effects for as long as possible include:
- Regularly using SPF 30 or higher on your skin
- Avoiding direct contact with the sun for extended periods of time
- Washing your face daily with a gentle cleanser with cool water after the initial 48 hours post-treatment.
- Cleansing your skin completely every night to remove makeup and only use lukewarm water. Hot water is bad for the skin and can cause irritation.
- Staying hydrated by drinking at least 8 cups of water daily
- Using Medical grade skin care products recommended to you by your provider, as these products are far more effective than over the counter and department store skin care products. These products will help your results last longer.
- Remember you will need more than one treatment, it took years or decades for your skin concerns to develop. It’s like going to the Gym, you can’t expect to have a set of six pack abs after one work out visit.
Post-treatment care for the vampire facial isn’t complicated, but it is an instrumental part of keeping your skin healthy and youthful for as long as possible. If you’d like to learn more about the PRP treatment and general skincare, don’t hesitate to click here or call us at 727-726-6100 to schedule a free consultation with Physician Dr. Toscano.